Friday, January 7, 2011

Pizza crust and sauce

I haven't made homemade pizza in awhile, and my husband requested it last week. We are starting off in January trying not to eat out. At all. That means not even $5 Little Caesar's. I'm a little sad about that.

This pizza is good, though. It's fun to roll out the dough, and it's really much easier than I thought it would be. 

Here is the recipe for the crust:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Pizza-Crust/Detail.aspx



I do add some spices into the dough mix, which was suggested in the comments. I always read the comments on Allrecipes.com because there's such a plethora of good information, suggestions and tips there. It's one of the reasons I love that site. 

I also melt butter to brush on the crust when it's done too. I'm related to Paule Dean that way. I love butter.

Here is the recipe I use for the sauce:



I actually preferred this next recipe for pizza sauce, but my husband didn't like the sweetness of it. If you like a sweeter sauce, this one would be the one for you:


I obviously left off the anchovy paste, which may have counter acted some of the sweetness, but I didn't know were to get anchovy paste. Thinking back on it, I could have just asked the nice people at Publix to show me on what aisle the anchovy paste was. I do believe that you could ask those Publix people to get you a unicorn horn and they would. I love Publix. They are so nice that I have to not go too early in the morning or all that niceness and "Are you finding everything okay?" makes me a tad cranky. I'm not really a morning person. 

Um. Oh yeah. Sorry about that. Top your pizza crust with cheese and what ever toppings you like. I used to use the turkey pepperoni but then I realized it had BHT and BHA, along with sodium nitrite. I won't get to those today, but they are things we avoid. (I mean BHT is used in embalming fluid. Hello? Why is that okay for humans to consume? Sorry. I couldn't help myself.)

I'm off to make a homemade pizza. And follow it up with my favorite no-bake cookies. I'll post that recipe later!

No comments:

Post a Comment