Sunday, January 30, 2011

Black Bean Soup

I haven't ever made black bean soup. I'm not sure why, really. I usually have everything on hand to make it, but never thought about it. (I keep diced onion and diced green pepper in sandwich bags in the freezer. Makes all of this a lot easier.)

I decided to try this recipe since it looked so easy. And it was. It went into the Crock Pot before church. I was a little worried about it since I'd never made it before. Hubs went to make a bowl as I was on the way out the door for a run. When I got back, there wasn't much left in the Crock Pot, so I figured he liked it! I sat down with a bowl and ohmygoodness. This was so very good. 

The only thing I changed was that I used diced Greenwise Mild Turkey Sausage from Publix instead of the ham, for obvious reasons. Honestly, I would have liked it just fine with out the meat. I thought I would need to add that to give it some staying power, but it would have been just as good and plenty of filling without the meat. (I just used two links, so I didn't really add that much.) Oh, I did add some extra beans, and I'm glad I did.

So here it is. This recipe is a keeper. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment