Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mimi's Blueberry muffins

My mom makes great muffins. We just call these "Mimi's Blueberry Muffins." I love them, and they got baked as we anticipated Snowmageddon '11.

In one bowl, combine:

2c flour (I use whole wheat)
2t baking powder
1t ground cinnamom
1/4t salt

In another bowl, combine:

2 eggs beaten
1c milk
3/4c sugar
1/2 oil (I use coconut)

Once these are combined in their respective bowls, add them together and then mix well. 

Add 3/4c of blue berries. I buy bulk frozen organic blueberries from Costco. I like using frozen because they don't burst and make your muffins all blue.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes.

I like to double the recipe. We like them best toasted with, of course, butter.

(I also store these in the refrigerator, even thought they don't last long.)

So easy!

2 comments:

  1. If these are the ones you brought us when I had surgery last year, then I can vouch for how good they are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them this morning. So good. I used half white and half wheat flour since there are some people in my house that prefer to never eat wheat flour if they can help it. So if I temper it a little and don't tell them it's in there it works better for everyone. :) Oh and I added a tsp of vanilla, too, cause that's how I roll. :):)
    I think this will become my go to muffin recipe. Tell Mimi we loved them.

    ReplyDelete