Monday, January 31, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

My friend Tracy calls this recipe "The Mancatcher." I call it the "Rear Extender." Either way, it's a super simple breakfast casserole that we all love best at dinner time!

 (Courtesy of either my friends Sandi and/or Jennifer V. I'll blame the 40 pounds this recipe has given me on either one of them.)

Ingredients:

1. 2 rolls refrigerated crescent rolls. 

2. 1 can Rotel. (I use Mild)

3. I block cream cheese

4. 1 pound sausage (The kind that crumbles when you cook it. Not the links) 

Directions:

 Preheat oven to 350.
Brown the sausage in a skillet. When browned, add Rotel and cream cheese and mix well. Let simmer for 10 minutes or so. Unroll one crescent roll into the bottom of a Pyrex dish. Pour sausage mixture on top of crescent roll, and then unroll the other crescent roll on top of sausage mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the top crescent roll is browned.

Yep. That's it. And according to Tracy, you can catch (or keep) a man with this sucker. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll pass my credit on to Connie Tolbert. :) That's where I got the recipe years ago. My boys like it without rotel. It's great either way.

    ReplyDelete