Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chicken Cacciatore

I made this once, I think. I had to search my other blog to find the recipe. I've thought about it since then. (No, I do not have a food addition/problem. Why do you ask?) I don't know why I haven't made it again since then. It was one of those dishes where I was really sad when I got done with my dinner. Actually I'm sad every time I get through with dinner, but NO, I do not have an abnormal love of food. Goodness. 

I remember hearing about this dish for the first time when an old friend of mine was home for Christmas one year, and he was sitting in his mom's kitchen talking to her while she made Chicken Cacciatore, and he posted on Facebook about it. What did I do? Not be happy he was spending time with his mom. I Googled "Chicken Cacciatore" and found a good recipe. (And then later thought, "Man, no wonder he hung out with her for a while. This dish takes a while to make, but it's so worth it...)
(So see, Facebook can be a dangerous thing. It makes you eat:)

I'm making it tonight, though, and I'm just a tad excited.

Oh and,
I like to get boneless/skinless chicken thighs. They are cheaper than other sections of meat, good and easy to work with. They worked really well with this recipe too.


No comments:

Post a Comment