Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

I had a meeting last night, so I thought I'd do my quick and easy fake Chicken Parmesan.

I just brown a couple of chicken breasts in a skillet with some olive oil and seasonings. When they are done, I reduce heat and top with jarred spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and cover until all warm and melty. Make a quick side of pasta and some veggie, and there is an easy dinner.

Well. THIS email came yesterday, and I thought, "Oh, I'll make some changes and it will be even better!"

Um...

I did think that making my own bread crumbs would be so easy and a great idea. I toasted two slices of bread, threw them in the food processor with my homemade Italian spice and make me up some bread crumbs.

Then when I followed their instructions to brown the chicken in the skillet, the chicken burned on the outside. 

Uh oh.

I eyed the clock and realized that I didn't have time to scratch this dinner and start over, so I forged on. (I wouldn't have wasted the chicken. I would have scrapped off the burned part and made something else.)

I got the chicken into the oven, and since I didn't have sliced mozzarella, I topped the chicken with shredded mozzarella.

When I opened the oven, the cheese had burned too. 

I hastily served the dish, hoping the kids wouldn't notice. 

Oh, they did. 

So this recipe didn't turn out as expected. I did like the breadcrumb portion of the new recipe, and I may do that again. Or perhaps I like my old way just as well.

So maybe I'll call this a recipe fail, and you know, not a cook fail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment