Monday, September 12, 2011

Honey Garlic Chicken

This was so so good. I slammed it in the Crock Pot before we left for church yesterday morning, and I was a little worried about it. I used frozen, boneless chicken thighs, so I wasn't sure if putting it on "low" was going to be a good thing or not. I also realized I was out of honey and substituted it with agave nectar. I figured if it was awful, we'd eat... I didn't know what.

We opened the door of the house when we got home from church, and the most wonderful smell hit us full force. The husband yelled, "Wow! Now I'm really hungry..."

He is always really hungry after church. 

I also added canned diced pineapple at the last minute and stirred that in while the rice was cooking. You could totally throw in some instant rice in the beginning, but my weird-o kids don't like things mixed up, so I had to make that separately for us.

This was so stinking good. I was sad when my bowl was empty, and the hubs and I are fighting over the leftovers. Yes! There was enough for leftovers!

So very good. Definitely added to the rotation! 

(link)

1 comment: